April 17, 2009

Spring is here - time for some Eco-chic!

I found the perfect flip flop/ sandal for this season! And yes, you have read it right: they're eco-friendly. What am I talking about? Keep on reading...

They're from Gisele Bundchen's new 2009 Ipanema GB2 line. I have spent days, months, years of my life with my toes in flip flops and have worn out the cheap gummy ones in all colors of the rainbow from Old Navy all the way to shiny black & cork soled ones by Tommy Hilfiger. And let's just say this: No one can do flip flops like the Brazilians can! =)

They go really well with skinny jeans in the spring, shorts and even dressy skirts and dresses. I already know I'll have those on my feet all summer. They are the first flip flops that come close to my sporty Puma ones in terms of comfort, except they look chic on top of being totally soft and comfy! I like how they still have a tiny bit of a heel, without being as ugly as the big chunky platform flip flops I've seen around. (Although there are some platform ones in this line as well, I still don't seem to get platform flip flops).

I got the black/brown ones with the back strap. They retail for about $15-20 or 9.95-39.95 Euros (in Germany at Görtz or Salamander).


And, best of all, you actually help protect the rainforest by buying them, as a portion of the proceeds will benefit Brazil's Save the Xingu Waters campaign. Love them!

Enjoy the spring!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

natürlich schau ich mal vorbei :)
hast du lust dich als mein leser zu verlinken. also dich beim "verfolgen" zu registrieren?!? hab bisher nur so wenige... :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails

simply water